Monday, August 26, 2013

The choice of our words.

Hey peeps,

Here is some thought of the day....

Something just struck me recently that gotten me thinking so much; people's justification or should I put say people's opinions and comment on others.

I grew up as a weird kid due to my Tourette Syndrome, people made fun of me because of that all the time until the extend that I was constantly being bullied and being teased around till I finish my high school days.

After those day I thought that the society would be more gentle and kind to me, but I was really wrong like super wrong. I here today not to pin point out who's wrong and stuff but just to share some thoughts about all these comments and insults that people often give to others.

In our daily lives, how often do we get mocked, insulted, teased, make fun by others ? or vice versa; how often we do these to other people?

People always like to look at thing from their very own perspective and anything that is out from their context they will conclude that that is social unacceptable. This applies to over 99% of the human population is urban society nowadays.

Take an simple example scenario of myself,
Recently I just dye my hair and change my hair do. Well that's for personal interest of course *plus the hair style doesn't look bad at all =p* However, there are just some people(no names mentioned) who always would put up with saying things like man you look ugly, disgusting and etc stuff. And they expect me to be okay with it and if I acted angry and upset they would just say that I have a small heart and often take things too serious.

But here's the thing, if I was the one that say it out they might just reacted and say that I am mean and stuff too. So these made me wonder so much, why do people act like that. It is just so upsetting to see people nowadays are so mean and pointless. They inflict pain on others just to provide joy and fun for them.

And how many times did we do that to others ? how many times did we use our own perspective to judge others ? just because majority of us are the common people with common features doesn't make those that are slightly different from us not humans. We are all the same and yet we still mock each other for no specific reason except that it feels fun.

The mind set of this generation is rotten and people just like to act like they are mr and mrs know it all and give statements that most of the time doesn't make a point at all.

So yea, why waste time doing such things and inflict pain to other? I have a friend that committed suicide because of his overly depression and the fact that people around him says stuff about him and hardly can accept him. I was one of those who are socially weird and awkward too, getting made fun of and being bullied, if I hadn't knew God in my life guess which path would I walk down to?



Sometimes it is funny to give names and laugh at others or to give harsh statements to others, but reality is these people that do all these things are just people that has low self esteem and they do all these so that they feel like they are in power and better then others. So, at the end of the day, just take sometime and reflect upon how often did we give off such comments that cause pain to others? sometimes it will be ok, but we would never know some words that we say might just end up ruining a persons entire life.



"So choose our words wisely and don't do unto others things that you don't want others to do to you." 


Today is OUR best Day =D

Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment